Small business is at the heart
of our community!
Research shows that when a company shows its support for local causes, it strengthens customer loyalty and improves employee retention. Being a socially conscious business can also expand your customer reach, raise your brand profile and reveal your good values and intentions. SOS has created a convenient way for local business to do just that. We call it SOS Biz for Good.
New SOS Charitable Giving Program for Small Business
This new initiative is an important part of our $1 Million SOS Project Rebuild Campaign that is focused on reinforcing the SOS safety-net for residents of District 69.
As part of the campaign, the SOS Biz for Good initiative will help SOS rebuild our capacity to provide a sustainable resource and program base that will protect and strengthen our community now while investing in solutions to meet the emerging needs of the future.
Your company can make a significant difference by choosing to make a pledge at one of the following levels:
- Bronze Level: Single gift of $1,000 or $100 for 10 months OR
- Silver Level: Single gift of $5,000 or $500 for 10 months OR
- Gold Level: Single gift of $10,000 or $1,000 for 10 months
It’s that simple. And this is why you will want to be part of this program.
By participating as a founding member of the SOS Biz for Good initiative, your community investment will be publicly recognized on our dedicated SOS Biz for Good page of the SOS Project Rebuild Campaign website with the following benefits:
- $1,000 pledge – logo listing
- $5,000 pledge – logo listing plus your personal quote about why you support this initiative.
- $10,000 pledge – in addition to your logo listing and a personal quote, you will also be entitled
to a feature story about how your company supports community.
But there is more!
- In addition to the pledge level recognition, as part of the SOS Biz for Good community of businesses,
your company will also receive special recognition in the paper and social media throughout the year.
- Your business will be entitled to display the SOS Biz for Good logo on your website and social media
as a proud partner in this program
- You will also be recognized at a public event celebrating the wrap-up of the SOS Project Rebuild Campaign
in the spring of 2022.
- But best of all, you will be in the good company of other local businesses who are doing good and want to
inspire others to do the same! Our community will be stronger because of you!
Still not sure if your investment will make a difference?
Your commitment to the SOS Biz for Good initiative will help us reach more and do more for residents in need. The current statistics are just too alarming to ignore.
- 11% of seniors are considered low-income with many unable to afford proper housing.
- 1 in 3 children live in poverty without enough to eat, many only eating one meal a day.
- Many residents have to skip their medications because they can’t afford them as well as put food on their tables.
- Seniors without friends and family close by feel alone, uncared for and unwanted.
- Providing mentorship and coaching for youth can mean the difference between a successful future and one plagued by depression, fear and resentment.
Ready to get started? This is how it works:
- Choose the giving level that works best for your company and complete the SOS Biz for Good pledge form
- Mail your completed pledge form and payment to:
Society of Organized Services
245 West Hirst Ave. PO Box 898
Parksville BC V9P 2G9
- For single gifts, we will mail you a charitable tax receipt for your donation.
- For your monthly pledge, we will mail your combined charitable tax receipt at the end of the 10-month term.
- We will contact you to arrange for your logo, quote and story for recognition purposes according to the pledge level recognition benefits outlined.
- We will also send you the SOS Biz for Good logo for use on your website and other communications materials, letting your customers know of your good work and helping your employees feel proud that they work for a caring company.
For more information about SOS Project Rebuild Campaign and our plans, click here. If you would like to discuss how you or your company can play an even larger role in strengthening the legacy of our community, please call: (250) 248-2093 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!